091224 Thursday “Twelve Holiday Gifts”

Katie locks out 95lbs at Carolina Fitness Challenge!

Twelve Holiday Gifts is sung to the tune of “12 Days of Christmas”

1 High box jump (30″/25″)

2 Pistols (2 per leg), 1 H bx jmp

3 Toes to bar, 2 pistols, 1 H bx jmp

4 Dumbbell push-press (35/25lbs), 3 T2B, 2 pistols, 1 H bx jmp

5 Dumbbell burpee power clean thrusters(35/25lbs), 4 DB psh prs, 3 T2B, 2 pistols, 1 H bx jmp

6 Jumping lunges (6 per leg), 5 DB brpe pwr cln thrstr, 4 DB psh prs, 3 T2B, 2 pistols, 1 H bx jmp

7 Squats, 6 Jmping lunges, 5 DB brpe pwr cln thrstr, 4 DB psh prs, 3 T2B, 2 pistols, 1 H bx jmp

8 Kettlebell snatches (4 per arm ) (45/25lbs), 7 sqts, 6 jmping lunges, 5 DB brpe pwr cln thrstr, 4 DB psh prs, 3 T2B, 2 pistols, 1 H bx jmp

9 Push-ups, 8 KB snatches, 7 sqts, 6 jmping lunges, 5 DB brpe pwr cln thrstr, 4 DB psh prs, 3 T2B, 2 pistols, 1 H bx jmp

10 Kettlebell swings (45/25), 9 push-ups, 8 KB snatches, 7 sqts, 6 jmping lunges, 5 DB brpe pwr cln thrstr, 4 DB psh prs, 3 T2B, 2 pistols, 1 H bx jmp

12 Wall Balls, 11 Pull-ups, 10 KBS, 9 push-ups, 8 KB snatches, 7 sqts, 6 jmping lunges, 5 DB brpe pwr cln thrstr, 4 DB psh prs, 3 T2B, 2 pistols, 1 H bx jmp

For Time

Holiday Hours:

We will be open today until 1:00pm. Closed tomorrow. Open 12/26 with 9am class.

New Years’ Eve will be similar as far as open until 1:00pm. New Year” Day we will open for a WOD with a Paleo Potluck Brunch Kick-off to follow.

20 thoughts on “091224 Thursday “Twelve Holiday Gifts”

1. Kim S

Definitely one of the hardest WOD’s I’ve done followed by an icy 5 miler. What was I thinking? Oh that’s right I do all this stuff so early my mind isn’t awake yet. That’s probably why when the WOD was explained, I didn’t get it and ended up doing it wrong. I did ex: 1,2,3,4 then 3,2,1, then 1,2,3,4,5, then 4,3,2,1. Get it, twice as much as I was supposed to. I’m taking tomorrow OFF.

Regarding today’s hellacious “12 gifts” WOD, I tried to point out to Shanna that Jews only have EIGHT days of Hannukah, and that forcing me to do “12 holiday gifts” was really not politically correct, but she’d have none of that. By the 12th round of the endless endless sets of “holiday gifts” I was shouting “Jesus Christ! I believe!” I came *this close* to converting because I actually believed I’d gone straight to hell. I even thought I saw the devil but then realized it was just Corey sipping his eggnog while watching us struggle through the last set. The final box jump was like scaling Mt. Everest.

My entire body hurts. I am glad that I don’t have to go to work today!

3. Mr K

Shanna – Am I correct in assuming that I will not have to register for the Sectionals if I wanted to compete at the Masters Division at Regionals? I would hate to take a spot in the Sectionals when I don’t stand a snowball’s chance in Iraq to advance.

Kate, I’d laugh too but I don’t want to strain the three remaining muscles in my body that are still functional. I mean, honestly guys, just *READING* today’s WOD is a WOD. Even my eyeballs are sore.

5. anna

i don’t know what it will feel like in the a.m…but that was a kick ass workout, very creative. And just want to say thank you randy, corey and shanna for the gift of providing an amazing crossfit asheville experience all year. it feels good to be back :)

6. Shanna

Name Time Rx’d or Scaled
    Corey 29:33 Rx’d
    Ang 36:30 scaled
    Eva 38:49 scaled
    Dawn 34:42 scaled
    Tony 48:47 scaled
    Miriam 41:46 “Are you kidding? Duh-scaled.” One day you will see Rx’d w/your name :)
    Kimberly 34:20 scaled
    Anna 31:35 8lbWB, 12lbDB, 18lbKB
    Tom 31:49 12lbWB, 30lbsDB, 35lbKB
    Rustan 28:53 12lbWB, 30lbsDB, 25lbKB
    Matt 39:57 12lbWB, 35lbsDb, 25lbKB
    Carly 32:59 12lbDB, 15lbKB
    Lizie 34:34 9lbKB snatch, 10lbDB, 18lbKBS
    Betsy K. 39:something 20lbDB, 25lbKB
    Phoebe 33:21 scaled
    Ali 44:31 8lbWB, 8lbDB, 10lbKB
    Shanna 29:58 Rx’d

45 minutes after I finished and I am still red in the face…I suffer too Phoebe. Happy Holidays!

7. Shanna

Karl/Santa-Thx for stopping in for the visit today. However, those 5 Dumbbell burpee power clean thrusters had your name on the gift tag. It seems everyone opened the gift for you. Guess I’ll have to use them in another WOD before now and next Christmas Eve.

Dear Shanna,
    One day you’ll see Rx’d next to my name because I will be on prescription pain medication in order to Crossfit.

In the meantime, thank you for your support even though I again stuck out my tongue at you today. I really have to work on maturing my inner child;-).

9. Baldwin

That was a truly brutal wod that left me SO HAPPY TO BE A PART OF IT ALL. Thanks CrossFit Asheville for an AMAZING year. Merry Christmas everybody, and belated happy Hanukkah Miriam. Maybe next year we can get a Hanukkah 8k or something.

10. Phoebe

Shanna- Hate to say it but I’m glad you suffer as well! I think it was round 5 when I started using quite the profanity. It was sheer and brutal hell- no joke. Glad tomorrow’s Christmas. And, as all the others have said, thank you Randy, Corey, and Shanna, as well as Daniel and Sean, for an amazing year of pushing me past limits I never knew I had! Randy, I’ll miss you so much next year. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

11. Dara

Did another version of the 12 days of Christmas in Ft Laudy Daudy and it was brutal! Loved it though! Wished I coulda been there with everyone in A-ville though!

12. elizabeth Hake

was VERY sad to miss this looks like so much fun – i was making the jewelry – that is what jewelers do for x-mas, and it paid off – today i will make more jewelry that has to be done tomorrow! LOVE to CFA coaches and all my fellow members! Merry Merry

13. J$

Well said Corey. My a$$ is so soar. Everytime I sit on the toilet I curse Shanna, sometimes silently, sometimes out loud. Merry Christmas all!

Good Lord, Kim! TWICE the WOD? What was your time? You must have been kicking yourself (gently) afterwards.

Corey, not only do I feel like I was shot in the behind, I feel like someone opened fire with an Uzi on every part of my body except those three muscles I referred to in an earlier email that are somewhere on my face. (I can still stick my tongue out, so some muscles must be working).

How much Ibuprofen is allowed before one officially overdoses?

And finally, I woke up this morning screaming because i dreamed that the Jan. 1 New Year’s Paleo Pot Luck WOD was renamed “The 365 Days 0f 2009.” I wouldn’t put it past the de Sade gang to do that to our wonderful little community of masochists.

15. Pingback: Training Board | 364 Reasons to Love CrossFit

16. Making Pearl Beads

Just want to say your article is striking. The clarity in your post is simply striking and i can take for granted you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your rss feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the ac complished work. Excuse my poor English. English is not my mother tongue.