New Year” Day WOD & Paleo Potluck Brunch
To kick off our 90 Day Paleo Challenge we will be hosting a work-out followed by a potluck brunch on New Year” Day. This will be a time to bring your friends and families to observe some CrossFitters in action and hear some lectures on the benefits of choosing foods that were around during the Paleolithic era and have any questions/concerned answered.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Food Choices and Stress Response by Coach Corey Duvall
- Real World Application by Ethan Fesperman
- The Reasons We Eat by Matt Baldwin
- Volunteer Real-life experiences with Paleo
Despite perhaps being a bit tired and sluggish from New Year” Eve festivities we want to get those wanting to work-out started around 9am to have the first work-out start at 9:20. Depending on the number of those participating we will plan to have the next waves go at 9:45 and then 10:10 if needed.
Lectures and eating will begin at 10:30. We hope to have everything wrapped up by noon.
The success of this event (especially the food) is dependent on each of YOU! The point of the potluck is to share and experiment with various paleo recipes. We will provide recipes for all the dishes provided. This way if you taste something you enjoy you can take the recipe home with you.
Some resources for recipe ideas:
- MarksDailyApple.com (Right hand column says “Eat Primal” with many recipes)
Please email Shanna (ShannaDuvall@gmail.com) to RSVP for this event. In the RSVP please include the following information:
- Dish you will be bringing with recipe
- Number of guests
- If you will be participating in the WOD and if you have a preference for which time slot you would like to do.
- If you would like to give a testimony on your experiences.
Please note the following:
- The WOD will be limited to present members.
- Members coming to eat/listen to lecture are NOT required to work-out only encouraged. Keep in mind that if you feel in less than optimal condition on New Year” morning, you probably are not alone. Haha
To reduce anticipation the New Year” Day WOD will be the final work-out from the Carolina Fitness Challenge recently competed at CF Durham.
125 Double-unders or 375 singles
100 squats (body weight only)
75 kettlebell swings
25 thrusters (115/75lbs or 70% of thruster 5RM or 60% of thruster 1RM)
This is what I would consider a survival WOD. Meaning you do what you can to just get through it in the 20 minute time limit.
Looking forward to it! -Shanna