100612 Saturday

8 Rounds of:

12 kettlebell swings (2/1.5 pood)

12 box jumps (24″/20″)

200m run

1 minute rest between rounds.

Subtract 7 minutes from your overall time and post to comments.

Cash Out Plank holds: front plank for 1 minute, 15 sec rest, side plank for 30 sec, 15 sec rest, side plank for 30 seconds

11 thoughts on “100612 Saturday

Brian 18:33 53/24
    Matt 18:00 45/24
    J$ 19:58 25/20
    David 21:36 2 pood/22 4x250m row, 4x200m run
    Corey 1538 Rxd 2pood/24
    Kim S 1518 35/20

Why we keep a log: I attempted a new 1RM in the Snatch today and got a 2# increase. I was rather disappointed as I projected my increase to be in the 10-15 pound range based on how I was feeling in other snatch workouts. Looking back through my log it was my fifth day in a row without a rest day and my ninth workout in those five days. After acknowledging the taxing nature of that many days in a row on a system with relatively little sleep, I became rather excited about the PR. Make sure we’re always acknowledging the effect of previous training sessions.

3. J$

Corey- How do you do 9 workouts in 5 days and not realise that till you look at your log? Get some sleep man.

Shannon, I have to give you props, dude. You smoked that thing. And, even though House tried to give me crap for my Russian swings with the 26 lb KB, I will still acknowledge his awesomeness for doing that WOD with the freaking 72 lb KB. Because I’m nice like that, Mike.

Looks like I missed a good one. Damn love for golf. Guess I need to golf on sundays. Even the big boy kb would be ok.

6. Aidan

Nothing could have prepared me for this morning’s WOD — least of all a week out of town! Crazy hard. Does running *ever* get easier?

Aidan, I have to agree with Corey on this one. You get faster, and it hurts even more…but then it’s over more quickly!