The Dry Ridge Farm CSA season begins the 2nd week of February and runs February, March, and April.
Here’s the scoop on the CSA:
- Each season runs for three months, and you receive $50 worth of meat and eggs on the 2nd and 4th week of each month. A typical share will include three main course meats, a breakfast meat, and eggs.
- You have three choices to make: share size, whether you’d like home delivery, and whether you’d like to pay monthly or for the whole season at once.
- Share sizes: half share – $100 per month (sized for a couple) or whole share – $200 per month (sized for a family of four).
- Home delivery is available for $25/season, (in Buncombe and Madison Counties). Home delivery will be on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month. Otherwise, you can pick up your share between 10 am & 1pm at Asheville City Market (161 S. Charlotte Street, Asheville) on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month
- Dry Ridge Farm will email you on the Wednesday of each share week to let you know what products to expect in that week’s share, offer a few recipe ideas, and to remind you to leave a cooler out front for home delivery or to come pick up your share that week at market.
- Ready to sign up? Go to their website or call or email Wendy at (828)319-5656 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few typical share examples:
- whole chicken, bacon, lamb chops, bratwurst and eggs OR
- pork chops, rack of lamb, sweet Italian Sausage, breakfast sausage and eggs OR
- whole rabbit, ground lamb, pork shanks, bacon, and eggs
If you are interested in finding more CSAs (Community Supported Agriculture) or information about our local tailgate markets, go to the ASAP (Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project) website.