The Garage Games and CrossFit Pisgah (the folks that brought you the Inaugural Wodlife.com River Ruckus in April) are excited to announce the “Beer City Beatdown,” scheduled for Saturday, October 12. This is a team-only, 1-day outdoor competition at Asheville’s Carrier Park. 4-person teams (all male,all female, or 2/2) can compete in Rx or Scaled divisions and each team is guaranteed 4 WODs over the course of the day.
Register to compete or volunteer here: www.thegaragegames.com/events/beer-city-beatdown
“Like” our event page on Facebook to stay up-to-date with event announcements, WOD postings and information: www.facebook.com/beercitybeatdown
Kudos for the first Wodlife.com River Ruckus:
“CF Pisgah…you set a very high bar! First class from beginning to end. All the hard work paid off and you produced a truly exceptional event this weekend. Proud to have been a competitor and a volunteer. Already looking forward to next year!”
“CF Pisgah, What a great job hosting this event. Well-organized, on-time. AND you even brought GREAT weather. Good job to you all!!”
“I had a blast helping out over the weekend. You guys should be commended. I have been involved with / put on big events like that and know how much planning is involved. I think it was very efficient, safe, and the athletes had a lot of fun. The locations were great, plenty of water available, good vendors, plenty of equipment, and a good number of volunteers. Looking forward to helping out again next year!”
“I just wanted to tell you how awesome I thought the event was this weekend. I was so impressed with the athletes and the turnout!”
Becca is now offering Thai Yoga Massage!
What is Thai Yoga Massage?
Thai Yoga massage is an ancient healing art that dates back to India 2500 years ago. The founder is believed to be Dr. Jivaka Kumar Bhacca whom is rumored to have been the personal physician to the Buddha. It began with Yogic and Aruyvedic roots in India and spread to Thailand in the 2nd & 3rd centuries along with Buddhist teachings and priests. In Thailand it evolved into a complete healing system in itself unique to Thailand and was practiced traditionally by monks in temples. This session treats the full body and is performed on a floor mat with loose comfortable clothing on (please bring athletic pants or shorts and a t-shirt). Rhythmic rocking and movement is used to guide you into deep stretches and yoga postures which increase range of motion. Compressions are also applied to the fascia and muscles which promotes blood. lymph and energy flow. It is also a very restorative and calming treatment for the mind and spirit and brings about great body awareness. After a Thai Yoga bodywork treatment many people report feeling both relaxed and energized at the same time.
Benefits of Thai Yoga Massage
1) Decreases stress by bringing the body and mind into a relaxed and restorative state by turning on the parasympathetic nervous system (our bodies repair and heal in this state only – chronic daily stressors keep our bodies in the sympathetic nervous system, which is the equivalent to our body thinking we are in an emergency situation). Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high chronic stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which physically translates into:
• Decreased anxiety.
• Enhanced sleep quality.
• Greater energy.
• Improved concentration.
• Increased circulation.
• Reduced fatigue.
2) Improves mobility through assisted, progressive and therapeutic stretching
3) Increases body awareness and proprioception in sensory nerves
4) Introduces new movement patterns to the body
5) Releases fresh blood flow into stagnated areas
6) Improves circulation of blood and lymph flow
7) Stimulates touch receptors and nerve endings in our skin, fascia, and muscles
8) Allows time for the body to experience healthy touch, joy and relaxation